Divorce Term Paper

Divorce Term Paper-28
The decree still acts as a final judgment, but you and your former spouse have decided upon the terms of your own divorce without the court's input.Settling your case takes the decision out of the hands of the judge so long as the decision is not outrageous or one-sided.After a divorce, you might be confused about some of the divorce documents.

Tags: Steps In Research Proposal WritingThe Homework Machine Dan GutmanGet Phd Without DissertationObservational EssaysEssay On Why I Should BePersonal Statement Structure MedicineAt&T Business Mobile Share Plans

It contains information about your case, including spousal support, child support, custody, visitation, property division, and other information. If your case went to trial, your divorce decree will indicate the terms of the judge's decision and will act as a judgment that both parties must obey.

Most divorce decrees are thorough and contain all of the agreed-upon information in your case, such as who is responsible for getting life and health insurance, if the wife can take her maiden name again, and how you will divide your debt. If you didn't go to trial but settled your case instead, the divorce decree will contain the terms of the settlement.

Additionally, if your former spouse must pay all or part of the marital debt, you'll want to make sure your ex is doing that; otherwise, you could still be held responsible for the debt.

After you get your divorce decree, make sure you: Divorce Certificate A divorce certificate is a completely different document from a divorce decree. Instead, your state's health department or bureau of vital statistics issues the certificate.

For example, your former spouse has obligations created by the decree, such as paying spousal support, child support, or obtaining insurance policies.

You'll need to make sure your former spouse is complying with the decree.

Requests for relief while the case is still going on can be done by notice of motion, but the return date, unless ordered otherwise by the court, must be only on the judge's motion dates.

There is a .00 motion fee for all motions and orders to show cause. What do I do if my spouse is not complying with the divorce judgment order?

360 Adams Street, 10th Floor North Brooklyn, NY 11201 347-296-1714 This office receives and processes all applications for matrimonial (divorce) proceedings in Kings County.

Requests for relief during the pendency of the divorce as well as post judgment applications (those requests made after the divorce is final), are filed with the matrimonial office.


Comments Divorce Term Paper

The Latest from zaym-kartu.ru ©